We are proud to announce that Hostival will be hosting our world famous Hangover Hospital at Oktoberfest this year once again!Getting into the Oktoberfest spirit is easy when, in the Hangover Hospital village; you can roll out of bed, slip into your hired or purchased Dirndel or Lederhosen, get some food and then easily move onto the Oktoberfest beer tents with all the new friends you have made at the Hangover Hospital! We have ensured that the world’s first nomadic, globe-trotting hostel is never more than 15 minutes away from the action at Oktoberfest.
We have opened for bookings already, so please make your reservation now whilst we still have space!
Saturday, September 16 to Tuesday, October 3
If you are looking for detailed information on the festival, please visit the official webpage here.
The Hangover Hospital is a fun, hospital themed budget accommodation village with staff attired as nurses and doctors. Included in the Hangover Hospital village are:
FIRST CHOICE IN OKTOBERFEST 2017 MUNICH HOSTELS
- Beds for around 5000 guests per night in 4 different types of accommodation to suit every taste – from
12 bed dorms to private suites
- 24 hour reception desks
- Travel and information desks
- Security lockers
- Traditional Beerfest costume hire (option to purchase)
- 24 hour entertainment
- Daily pub crawls and after-parties
- Daily cleaning services
- Free Wi-Fi
- Bathroom and shower facilities
- Various bars, food stalls and souvenir shops
- Travel and information desk
- Easy access to the festival and major transport systems
Hangover Hospital Oktoberfest Policies & Conditions:
- Check in from 14:00 to 22:00
- Check out before 10:00
- Breakfast not included
- No curfew.
You will need to bring warm clothes, extra sleeping bag/blanket (as it can get super cold when you sober up!) your sense of adventure and be open to making new friends!
- Credit Cards Not Accepted
- Age Restriction: 18+ years only.
Credit Card will be charged 100% upfront.
This property has a 1 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to the first night of your stay
Our location is awesome. Thalkirchen is the green belt of Munich and only 15 mins from the Oktoberfest grounds. We have a beautiful river that runs through the park and the famous Munich wave (yes you can surf the wave and rent a board from us!!!) on our door step. The campsite is ISIS proofed and you will only hear the sounds of happiness and drunk laughter here!
The campground is in an excellent position to enjoy the Oktoberfest. The local underground station (U-Bahn Thalkirchen) is reached either by the regular local bus or a 10-minute stroll. The station is just 3 or 4 stops from the Oktoberfest. The campground is in a nice leafy part of Munich right on the river with nice parks and local bars, beer gardens and restaurants within easy walk.
Our location is very safe and secure with 24 hour guards and a 24 hour reception.
Directions to the Oktoberfest 2017 Munich Hostel Grounds
- From the airport, take either the S1 or S8 train to Marienplatz. You will find the trains in the middle of the 2 terminals, follow the green S signs.
- At Marienplatz, change to the orange U3 line (direction Fürstenried West) to Thalkirchen (Tierpark).
- From there it is a short walk or bus 135 to camp. Exit Thalkirchen up the ramp (front of the train). To walk, follow the river around to the right, or transfer to Bus 135 and go to the last stop.
It will take about 45 min from the airport to Marienplatz and about 20-30 minutes from there to the Oktoberfest 2017 Munich Hostel Grounds.
From the Central Train Station (Hauptbahnhof), you need to take the train 2 stops to Marienplatz and follow the above directions. You can go the 2 stops on the following lines: S1, S2, S4, S5, S6, S7 or S8.