Since 2004 Hostival has been providing affordable, temporary accommodation at the biggest, wildest festivals and events around the world. Being lovers of festivals ourselves, we understand what our guests want and each Hostival site is dedicated to meeting those needs. There is no place more necessary to nurse that hangover than at the Hangover Hospital. Our guests needed a safe place to recover in order to be ready to party all over again!
This puts you in the shoes of a patient at the Hangover Hospital https://vimeo.com/55466879
Our location is awesome. Thalkirchen is the green belt of Munich and only 15 mins from the Oktoberfest grounds. We have a beautiful river that runs through the park and the famous Munich wave (yes you can surf the wave and rent a board from us!!!) on our door step. The campsite is ISIS proofed and you will only hear the sounds of happiness and drunk laughter here!
The campground is in an excellent position to enjoy the Oktoberfest. The local underground station (U-Bahn Thalkirchen) is reached either by the regular local bus or 10 minute stroll. The station is just 3 or 4 stops from the Oktoberfest. The campground is in a nice leafy part of Munich right on the river with nice parks and local bars, beer gardens and restaurants within easy walk.
This location is very safe and secure with 24 hour guards and a 24 hour reception.
What Hostival Is Not:
– 5-Star luxury accommodation
– A romantic getaway for couples
– It is not for the faint-hearted and only people serious about having fun should visit
– This is not ever going to be as clean as granny’s house because (A) she turned down the offer to work for us & (B) we are a hospital for drunks and even cleaning the place twice a day makes it impossible to keep this place as neat as gran’s house
What Hostival Is:
– Temporary overflow festival accommodation; ie: it’s only there for a few weeks so it is basic – a bed, shower and toilet. What else would you need?
– Manageable on the pocket, especially if you are booking late
– A fantastic place to meet people from all over the world partying at the same festival as you